The 1963 Chevrolet Impala was a full-sized car produced by Chevrolet from 1958-1970. The 1963 version was part of the third generation of Impalas, which featured a more streamlined body style and updated features.
Some notable features of the 1963 Impala include:
- Available as a two-door hardtop, four-door sedan, and two-door convertible
- Standard 230 cubic inch six-cylinder engine, with optional V8 engines available
- Three-speed manual transmission standard, with optional Powerglide and Turbo Hydra-matic transmissions available
- Four-wheel drum brakes
- Dual headlights and a wider grille compared to previous models
- Updated interior with a new steering wheel and dashboard design
- Optional air conditioning, power steering, and power brakes
The 1963 Impala is also well-known for its appearance in the popular TV show, “Supernatural,” in which the main characters drive a black 1967 Impala nicknamed the “Baby.” While the Impalas featured in the show are a later model from the same generation, the cars are a defining feature of the series.