The 1961 Impala SS was a popular car model manufactured by Chevrolet between 1961 and 1964. The SS (Super Sport) version was a performance-oriented package that added various cosmetic and mechanical upgrades to the Impala.
Some of the features of the 1961 Impala SS included:
- A unique trim package with SS badging and specially designed upholstery
- Front bucket seats with a center console
- A choice of two high-performance V8 engines: a 348 cubic inch engine with up to 350 horsepower, or a 409 cubic inch engine with up to 425 horsepower
- Heavy-duty suspension components, including larger brakes and stiffer springs
- Optional power steering and power brakes
- A choice of a 3-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed manual transmission with a floor-mounted shifter.
Overall, the 1961 Impala SS was a sought-after car for its combination of style and performance, and it remains a popular vintage vehicle among car enthusiasts today.